Global Rating: 4.70 from 206 reviews.
Add your own review for this product
|rating||title||date||name||city state/province country|
|Waste of time (2/5)||Dec 13, 2012||brandon||lincoln ne US|
|I purchased the shake n spray kit thinking we could get multiple guns done faster, however, when I tried using the sprayer it was really blotchy and did not spray smoothly at all. It sprayed out in globs. I ended up with an uneven job so we removed it all as best we could and resprayed with an airbrush. Waste of time. The duracoat itself was great and all of the guns turned out looking really good with the airbrush.|
|Worked but not enough. (2/5)||Aug 22, 2015||Justin Paetow||Coopers mills ma US|
|worked ok. barely enough in a can to coat a single firearm sufficiently. but otherwise worked fine.|
|Worked great! (5/5)||Jun 12, 2013||Christopher Smith||Chadds Ford PA US|
|I used this to refinish a Judge Public Defender Poly in Blackhawk Coyote Tan. Was pleased with the results for the first time out I did a respectable job. Would recommend to anyone willing to give it a try.|
|WORKS GOOD (5/5)||Apr 26, 2014||Steve Pauley||Milton GA US|
This product works very good and allows the home gun enthusiast to finish their guns themselves without paying 3 to 4 times the cost of the kit to a gunsmith or finisher. I have used this on gun metal and on stocks, wood, plastic or composite and it works well on everything I have tried it on.
Preparation is key so spend the time preparing for the painting and the drying.
Also you can mix paints to get a particular color you want.
I have done about 10 guns and some points of advise are:
1) Shake the paint well, mix it good.
2) Be sure to place the target high enough so you can get around all sides with the sprayer held upright, do not tilt the sprayer bottle.
3) Do not touch the item after spraying for 24 hours, resist the urge to play with it.
4) The fumes are strong so dry it in a well ventilated space preferably not in the house.
5) Keep a small amount back so that if you notice areas you missed or imperfections you have the paint left to correct them. I have used paint 12 to 14 hours in the bottle after initial painting and it was good.
|Works great (5/5)||Jan 12, 2013||Glenn Tarpley||Canton Te US|
|Just follow directions carefully. Worked great for me and was easy to get a nice smooth finish.|
|Xyz_racer (5/5)||Apr 12, 2014||xyz racer||shelby nc US|
|I duracoated the stainless slide on my Kahr CM9 and it came out great. If you can use spray paint, you can use the shake N spray duracoat kit. The hardest thing about the process was to dissamble the slide... no joke! I will absolutely purchase another shake n spray kit for my next project.|
Back to previous page